Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Saraland
Motorcycle accidents often leave serious injuries and devastating amounts of property damage in their wake. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are often treated unfairly in the days, weeks, and months that follow as they try to recover compensation. That is why you need a skilled motorcycle accident attorney who can fight for your rights.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle crash, turn to Burns, Cunningham & Mackey. Contact us at 251-260-3815 to discuss your case and set up a consultation.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The entire personal injury claim process can move fairly quickly after an accident takes place, especially if it’s clear that the other party is at fault. When this happens, the insurance company wants to convince you to take a low settlement as soon as possible. In exchange, they get you to sign a waiver of liability that frees them from all lawsuits resulting from the accident.
The amount they offer might seem fair at first glance, and to some, it even seems higher than what they had hoped for. However, rest assured that what they offer is far less than what you deserve. Motorcycle accidents can be extraordinarily expensive, and if you take the first settlement offer you could run out of money before you’ve even paid off your medical bills.
Hiring a Saraland, AL motorcycle accident attorney helps you avoid this trap. When you choose Burns, Cunningham & Mackey, we’ll start by learning more about your accident. We will get your side of the story, talk to witnesses, and conduct an investigation into the accident. Our team will use the evidence we find to build a strong case showing why you deserve full compensation for the accident.
Part of a successful personal injury claim is tracking your financial losses. This means documenting trips to the doctor, days off of work, medical bills, and more. The more documentation we have of your accident, the easier it is for us to hold the other party accountable.
Once we have gathered the evidence we need, we will take care of communication with the insurance company. Our team takes care of negotiations, documentation requests, and anything else related to the accident. We believe that you do not need the stress of working with an insurance company while you are trying to recover from an accident. Insurance companies are often unwilling to negotiate until they realize you have legal assistance. Our goal is to create such a strong case that they have to pay a fair settlement.
If they are unwilling to negotiate in good faith, we are more than ready to take your case to court. Whether your case eventually goes to court or settles out of court, we are with you every step of the way.
What Sets Motorcycle Accidents Apart from Other Collisions
Motorcycle accidents differ from passenger vehicle collisions in several ways. To start, motorcyclists often sustain far more serious injuries than people in passenger vehicles. A motorcycle offers minimal protection to bikers, and even with the proper protective gear, major injuries are common. This often drives up the potential value of a case.
Second, motorcyclists face serious discrimination when they have been injured in an accident. This is a challenge that car drivers and passengers simply never have to face. Even if it is clear that the motorcyclist was completely innocent in the crash, insurance adjusters and lawyers are likely to blame them. This type of bias often leads to much lower payouts for bikers, putting them at a serious disadvantage. An injured motorcyclist needs an aggressive attorney who is willing to fight these stereotypes and put their client’s needs first.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
The team at Burns, Cunningham & Mackey has handed many types of motorcycle accidents in Saraland and the surrounding areas, including:
- Failure to yield accidents. In many situations, drivers do not yield to motorcyclists when they should. This may happen because they do not see the motorcyclist or because they fail to judge the distance between them properly. One of the most common types of motorcycle accidents is the left-turn crash. When a car is waiting to turn left and there is a motorcycle approaching from the opposite direction, the driver often misjudges how much time they have to cross before the motorcycle reaches the intersection. This causes them to strike the motorcyclist.
- Rear-end collisions. Rear-end collisions can be quite minor when they occur between two passenger vehicles, but they cause much more damage when a car strikes a motorcycle.
- DUI crashes. Collisions caused by impaired drivers can leave motorcyclists with totaled bikes, serious injuries, and even injuries that cause lifelong damage.
- Lane change accidents. Drivers do not always see motorcyclists in their blind spot, which is why these accidents are so common.
- Road rage crashes. Drivers, unfortunately, are not always as careful as they should be around motorcyclists. Some even intentionally drive dangerously around bikers, leading to devastating crashes.
Obtaining the Compensation that You Deserve
Depending on the circumstances of your crash and the extent of your injuries, you could be entitled to substantial compensation after a collision. When you work with our team of Saraland motorcycle accident lawyers, we will discuss your options with you. You may be compensated for:
- Medical expenses. This includes ambulance fees, emergency room costs, surgery, and all other expenses incurred by the medical care you received.
- Lost wages. If you have to spend time away from work to receive medical care or recuperate, a settlement may cover those lost wages.
- Future medical bills. Some injuries require ongoing medical care, and your settlement should provide for the future medical bills you are likely to have as a result of your injury.
- Future lost income. If your injury permanently affects your ability to work, that will be considered in your settlement.
- Pain and suffering. This amount is typically based on the severity of your injuries and how long they are expected to impact your life.
- Property damage. This includes your motorcycle and any other damaged property.
Schedule a Consultation with Burns, Cunningham & Mackey Now
It’s important to get in touch with a Saraland motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash. We can help you by communicating with the insurance company and starting our investigation while you focus on healing. To get started, call us at 251-260-3815 or fill out our online contact form.