At Burns, Cunningham & Mackey, P.C., our Mobile, Alabama commercial litigation lawyers help resolve shareholder disputes. An experienced attorney understands the laws that apply to partnership agreements, and we understand the issues that create tension and bitter partnership disputes. We boast an impressive track record of past commercial and business litigation successes and serve the needs of small and medium-sized businesses statewide. Whether you need routine legal advice regarding a shareholder agreement or strong representation to protect your interests, contact an Alabama commercial litigation attorney today and schedule a free consultation.

Shareholder Disputes

At Burns, Cunningham & Mackey, P.C., we represent individuals as well as small and medium-sized businesses in shareholder and partnership disputes.

A Mobile, Alabama commercial litigation and shareholder disputes attorney at our firm handles claims involving:

  • Shareholder disputes against owners
  • Shareholder disputes against managers
  • Appraisal rights
  • Self-dealing (pursuing business opportunities for one’s personal benefit that conflict with the best interests of the company)
  • The rights of minority owners
  • Executive compensation
  • Buyout agreements
  • Buyout rights
  • Corporate deadlock disputes
  • Breach of fiduciary duty

As with other types of disputes, our lawyers first explore the possibilities of settlement. However, when litigation is unavoidable, we have extensive courtroom experience at both the federal and state levels.

Our commercial litigation lawyers know that an aggressive approach to solving shareholder disputes is not always the best strategy. By listening to your needs and thoroughly understanding your goals, we often find cost effective, unique resolutions to disputes that won’t involve the expense and time of litigation.

If you would like to chat now with someone from our office regarding your shareholder dispute please click here.


The Most Common Mardi Gras Injuries — and How to Avoid Them
By Pete Burns on February 13, 2018
  Mardi Gras is a well-known celebration that many people have attended at least once in their lives. While it’s one of the most fun events of the year, if you really think about it, it is a situation that …
more »

Lori Carver Speaks Out For The First Time Regarding The Pill Mill Case
By Matt Laird on May 25, 2017
Recently Lawrence Specker of wrote an article about Lori Carver and her part in taking down two Physicians’ Pain Specialists of Alabama (PPSA) clinics. Drs. Xiulu Ruan and John Patrick Couch were found guilty of running a pill mill …
more »

Coal Case Update
By Pete Burns on April 3, 2017
COAL DUST IN MOBILE ALABAMA Mining, hauling and transferring coal are legitimate business activities and should be allowed so long as the public is protected from the toxic coal dust those activities create.  The Fox 10 News environmental documentaries, by …
more »